Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Nancy: Green Valley Gazette and Around the Bend

I wonder if there were two installments of the Green Valley Gazette because there was also one "published" by us younger kids too. Wendy's desire to write a thoughtful evocative essay and her exuberant outpouring of recollections reminded me of something I longed to do a few years back: gather essays from the Green Valley Gang and publish them as a book. The tentative title, in my little head, was Around the Bend.

Remember playing "Release," and hiding in the black newspaper box at the top of the street? The donkey that brayed each morning from Hodil's farm? Skating on Hodil's pond? Sledding down our front hill? Wishing we had an exciting childhood and lived in an exciting place? The MMC (Moriah Mystery Club, which I had to pass both written and skills test to enter as a junior member, and to which Joanne was voted in while she ran inside for lunch)?

Linda, there was also Dudt's Bakery (at Shopper's Plaza, I think).

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment