Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Crayfish in Hodil's creek

Beautifully rendered. Tommy. Green Valley was all of that and more--a natural heaven for kids, though by the time I was 14 and we moved I was glad to move to the more conventional suburban town of Glen Ellyn, Ill, where you could walk to downtown and hang out at the soda fountain on Main Street as opposed to Giels. But as you say, it was amazing to be able to ski in Hodels and catch crayfish in the little creek that flowed out of Mrs. Lawrence's woods into Holdels. Our dog Shaggy ran free and would come home after a long hot summer's day from luxuriating in the creek. So many memories....I remember in junior high going on a 2 day bike trip with you and peter and camping out somewhere up Saxonburg Road. Quite an adventure...How did you know I lived in madison? I actually left there in 1975 and was last back in 1994. Wonderful town also...

Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment