Monday, April 6, 2009

Dan playing bluegrass

Okay, I'll go first. This is a news clipping of me playing in a bluegrass band, Foggy Gulch, from a street fair in Oakland last fall. The caption fairly hilariously misidentifies my instrument.



At first I thought we'd have everyone add photos to this one item, but that is going to be too complicated. Instead, the brave among you should step up, create a new post with a recent photo or several photos (using the "Add image" icon in the toolbar), add a short text caption, and hit the orange publish button.

If you are curious about Foggy Gulch, it's a hoot to finally play in a band after all these years. A couple of the members are really good, not including the mandolin player who is only somewhat good. Here's Foggy Gulch on MySpace.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say that it sure doesn't look like you are playing a violin. My brother-in-law, Geoff Wilke, plays a lot of mandolin. He just came back from NYC and a mandolin orchestra get together. Last summer, he took Dave Grisman master class at UC Santa Cruz.

    ReplyDelete