Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Early "Fisher House" residents

"Earache" was actually Eric Evans Ernst, son of Charles and Alberta Ernst. They lived in the Fisher House for several years and then moved to Ohio. Eric, a reporter, is with the Herald Tribune in Sarasota, Florida. Charles and Alberta unexpectedly stopped in and visited my parents in the late 90's.

My mother remembers that Mrs Ernst made me a beautiful dress when I was little, "I guess she knew we didn't have much money and she wanted you to have something nice." When I was 2 years old, I had a severe, life-threatening allergic reaction to penicillin and it was Mrs Ernst to the rescue; she was the first one my mother called.

4 comments:

  1. Linda, When pasting text into the entry screen, be careful with line breaks. You can fix by editing the item and deleting unnecessary carriage returns, which will improve readability. Use a double return between paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Untitled poem by Linda Seidel in Tusky In Orbit 1962-63:

    The nicest time of year is spring
    Because then the birds will sing.
    The pretty flowers grow
    And little winds blow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch!I'm remembering now why Nancy Thompson felt compeled to write my poems for "Poetry 101" at Penn State Circa 1976ish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the Ernsts came a series of renters: the Kahns (two kids), the Cornelius's (no kids) and then a doctor. Mr Kahn was a military fellow that wanted Mr Seidel to go in with him to raise pigs across from the Aruffo's on the Hallie property.

    ReplyDelete