Monday, May 18, 2009

This street is your street

In the scrapbook Linda made me for my high school graduation, I found a song she wrote. At the risk of losing our friendship, I share it now. Somehow, it never played on KDKA, but I urge you to belt it out, to the tune of "This Land Is Your Land."

"This street is your street,
This street is my street.
From McCracken's sewer,
To Lewis’ sewer;
From Chesley’s pine tree,
To Fisher’s pool –
This street was made
For you and me.

From Fisher’s dogs,
To Thompson's cats.
From Seidel’s gerbils,
To Prezybylek’s brats …

This street was made
For you and me."

[Dan Przybylek, who was Dean at Allegheny Community College, wrote a reference for me (which I just unearthed), thus I can verify the spelling of his name. Disclaimer: I did not call the children of the neighbor -- who wrote such a kind reference for me -- brats.]

No comments:

Post a Comment