Monday, May 18, 2009

Green Valley Weddings

In honor of our 30th wedding anniversary, Chuck and I have been following the paper trail of our relationship. We finally read up to our wedding book. From engagement to honeymoon, Green Valley looms large. Here is a photo of Linda, Chuck and me outside the Seidel’s house (with the no-longer-Ruby’s home in the background), taken the day Chuck and I got engaged:



  • I had forgotten that, at the end of our honeymoon, we visited Shelley and John at "Tree House," and Linda and Meagan somewhere in Boston.

I remember the earlier double Green Valley weddings (Bill and Ellen; Shelley and John) as having star-studded Green Valley casts, but was surprised by the Green Valley representation at our wedding. In addition to my family, the guestbook includes these Green Valley signatures:

  • Susan Seidel.
  • David Seidel.
  • Patty Seidel.
  • Don Seidel.
  • Tom Seidel.
  • John Chesley.
  • Alan E. Fisher.
  • Jackie Fisher.
  • Shelley Chesley.
  • Kevin Walter.
  • Douglas D. Walter (and one of my bridesmaids, who later married on to the street).
  • Jim Brady.
  • Dee Brady.
  • Linda Jane Seidel.

    Photos indicate the presence of Roy, Annie, and Kevin Walter (I find it impossible to believe the photographer could have bypassed getting pictures of cute Carrie Kay).

    The invitation list says that Babuccis were invited, but I don't remember them attending.

    The rest of you were sorely missed.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention a Green Valley connection at the beginning of Chuck's and my relationship. Seeking to protect me, Doug Walter -- whose family had moved from across the street from me to the street next to my husband's family, in Wooster, Ohio -- knocked on Chuck's door for a "check out the new boyfriend and read him the riot act" chat.

    ReplyDelete