Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Walter Ruby arrives

Hi All,

Pretty amazing stuff this reconnection via Internet thing. I hadnt realized there was a Green Valley Drive newsletter. Is it on-line? I was back there a couple of years ago on a sentimental visit with my life partner Tanya (who hails from Ukraine) and was delighted to see the place is practically unchanged, except that Mrs. Lawrence's woods is now a county park (which is great) and Hodels got upscaled into a horse farm--which is also great when you consider the alternatives. I live in suburban New Jersey and scratch out a living as a free lance writer-consultant, mostly on Jewish issues and on the former Soviet Union, where I lived for a while. I also dabble in bringing Jews and Muslims together for an outfit called the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding.

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6720197

As for the Bucs, Danny remained an avid fan until relatively recently; I guess I won't be telling tales out of court here that when the Pirates blew the 1992 playoffs on a heartbreaker single in the 9th inning to the Braves, he did violence to his own apartment. My own heart still bleeds for the Bucs, but being more fickle, I transferred my primary emotional connection to the Steelers quite a while ago, which hasn't turned out too badly if I say so myself. Dan and I left Pittsburgh at the age of 11 and 14 but remained loyal to the sports teams and still have a warm spot for those lovely green hills and that valiant old indistrial town fitfully trying to recreate and regenerate itself. Anyway,its amazing to hear from both of you. Megan, Ellen thank you so much for reconnecting and my best to all your wonderful siblings, assorted, husbands wives, children grandchildren, etc, etc.

Walter

No comments:

Post a Comment