Thursday, July 30, 2009

Something funny happened at the museum...


On Wednesday morning, following our wonderful night in Greenwich Village (forgot to mention that that's where the dinner was), Michael and I went up to the Met. We are culture starved in Naples, and just had to get up there to see the Impressionists before heading back to Bristol. So as we are walking into an empty room--empty except for three guards--my phone goes off. My ring tone is "Born to Run" by Bruce, and the guards start laughing and singing along with it. You won't believe it, but it was Janice Anthony on the line--did she know about the mini-reunion? Don't know--I was too embarrassed to talk in the museum. So I will catch up with her. But the NEXT funny thing...
As we turned into one of the rooms, there was Pisarro's Parisian street scene. I am sure that the first time I ever saw this, it was a print hanging in the Rubys' dining room. I also remember that Joanne had Degas ballerina prints hanging in her room. But just as my Dad's aquarium made a lasting impression on Dan, that Pisarro has stuck in my mind. (Once again, the photo is at the top. Pretend it is here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment