Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas from the Beales


Here are Meagan, Peter and I in the our "Game Room," with its chilly floor, on Christmas morning. (Several of you have mentioned how nice and cool that floor was in the summer--as indeed it was--but it was a little less welcoming in the winter.) Peter got a chemistry set that Christmas, I got an art set (which had no impact whatsoever on my artistic talent) and I think Meagan got a pink fridge and sink. My sister-in-law Lori found this and 80 other photos among my Dad's things, and she put them on a disc for us. In the year this photo was taken, we only had one tree, down in the game room, but in future years we had two--one up in the living room, one down here--so we could display all of Dad's ornaments. I still have a number of his special ornaments, but I have to admit to having a fake tree. (My argument is, you can display the ornaments better on a fake one.) Among Dad's papers Lori also found a lovely note from Linda to my parents remembering our Christmas tree and detailing her attempts to replicate that tree with her own family. So Happy New Year to you all. We are looking forward to seeing you in August!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, on closer inspection I see that Meagan also got a fire truck that year. She was ahead of her time certainly. I remember thinking--and probably saying--that it was dumb for a girl to want a fire truck. But of course Mom and Dad, with their progressive outlook, delivered.

    ReplyDelete